|CUR241 on 1937 Daimler EL24 Coupe de Ville
Coachwork by Charlesworth of Coventry
Rare Charlesworth-bodied Daimler EL24 two-door De Ville consisting of Charlesworth body on a 124" limousine chassis and powered by a 3317cc engine.
The car was first registered in April 1937 to Lord Walter Lionel Rothschild. It is believed that Lord Rothschild lent this Daimler to his friend, the Duke of Windsor (formerly King Edward VIII) for use abroad. The car returned from Lisbon, Portugal in 1953.
It was totally restored to concours condition in 1982, winning every competition entered throughout the late 1980s and featuring in many magazine articles.